Thursday, January 2, 2014

It Ain't the Money!

Dear Friends,

I've been sharing the Dan Pink video above with my Academy Leadership clients.  It dove-tails nicely with this McKinsey article on motivation.

So, watch this short video and read the article.  Then decide what you are going to do in 2014 to get the most from your team.  Spoiler alert:  It ain't the money!!!

If you want to know more about what your people really want from you in 2014, here is a good start!

Happy 2014 to each and every one of you.  I'm starting my year with a commitment to write more, to learn more, and to listen more.  I hope to finish Book #2 this year.  Correction...I WILL finish Book #2 this year!!  Stay tuned.

For those who might be interested (especially for those of you in Southern California -- or who want to escape to SoCal during the winter!), here is my winter/early spring Academy Leadership workshop schedule:

27-29 January    Los Angeles

11-13 February  San Diego

18-20 March       Orange County

15-17 April          Los Angeles

If any of these dates fit your schedule, and you are looking to stretch a little, check it out.  To learn more, here is the website

God bless and have a great 2014!!

Hooah!

No comments: